Winter in Arroyo Grande
Five reasons you should visit Arroyo Grande this winter:
Winter gloom got you down? Escape the cold to soak up the sunshine, sip wine and shop in Arroyo Grande! Nestled in rolling, green hills just five miles from the beach, Arroyo Grande offers small-town charm and mild weather almost every day of the year.
Here are five reasons why you should winter Arroyo Grande:
1. Experience the outdoors, any time. Temperatures stay between 45 and 65 degrees during the winter months in Arroyo Grande, so people can still can enjoy hiking, camping, birdwatching and other fun outdoor activities. In fact, Lopez Lake is the perfect place to do all three activities and then some! In addition to hanging out around the campfire, people of all ages can
2. Let the Clark Center show you a good time. In Arroyo Grande, art enthusiasts can see award-winning talent without the hassle of big-city traffic and prices at the Clark Center for the Performing Arts. The winter lineup so far includes: The Peking Acrobats, bluegrass jammers The Steep Canyon Rangers, Remember When Rock Was Young: The Elton John Tribute and more!
3. Mom-n-pop shops with big flavors and unique finds. Tired of the same-old, same-old shopping and dining at your local strip mall? The Village of Arroyo Grande is home to dozens of locally owned and operated businesses, such as the original Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab, Rooster Creek Tavern, Lightning Joe’s Guitar Heaven and a local farmers market every Saturday. After you’re done eating, stroll down to the creek to see the roosters, our local mascots, and walk across our famous swinging bridge!
4. Award-winning wines without the crowds. Arroyo Grande is the southernmost AVA in San Luis Obispo County, producing a mix of flavorful Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and other cool-weather wines. Spendthe weekend driving (or take tour) through the breath-taking countryside stopping at each unique winery for a multi-faceted sensory experience.
5. Location, location, location. Arroyo Grande is just a 5-minute drive away from the world-famous Pismo Beach, 15 minutes from San Luis Obispo and an hour away from Santa Barbara. Staying here gives you access to attractions in multiple cities for a much more affordable cost.
What are you looking forward to experiencing most in Arroyo Grande this winter? Start planning your trip now!